Why Blog At All?It started at work. One day, when preparing for a stage shoot, I started playing music from a playlist of songs I believe to be the best versions / cuts / editions. The song that got the attention of my friends was "Jolene" by Dolly Parton (link to live performance here. The instrumentation is slightly changed - by removing the violin - compared to the superior album recording, but her voice on this track is still haunting). My friends heard a few other songs and asked if I'd send them a list. I did. Then I started thinking about other songs that I thought they might like, while working on illustrations in the quiet of the night; this led to about 9 months of text message recommendations. Finally, they convinced me to put it all in a blog and voila... blog.
If you're interested, check out the work from my friends Rob and Ori
Posts will be reworked as required for minor edits
- This includes the inclusion of additional tags and new research that support the original intent of the post.
- Any major rewrites will be a new post and mention the reason for rewrite and link to the original
Your comments are welcome as are your suggestions for posts!
I would love to know what you think and want to see. Information is nothing if there's no transfer of knowledge between people. So, in the spirit of the interwebz, share your thoughts!
- Look for polls to give feedback
- Use the post comments often
- Recommend new songs to review